This position provide the highest level of customer service resolving customer problems and concerns in addition to providing product and/or technical support for other agents. The ability to anticipate customer needs and implement solid solutions derived from multiple information sources is crucial to meeting and exceeding customer service objectives and communicating accurate information. The drive to support new technology and systems, the dexterity to enlist the assistance of others, as well as the capacity to synthesize large amounts of information are surpassed only by the goal of earning customer loyalty by serving them with courtesy, timeliness, and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Applies defined practices, procedures and company policies to triage, troubleshoot and resolve known issues and address routine customer questions.
- Maintains call center database by documenting all customer contacts.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Analyzes and diagnoses problems and applies known solutions
- Ability to speak to business owners with empathy and an understanding of urgency
- Meets Quality Assurance requirements and other key performance metrics
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- Communicates with team manager, team members and other teams regarding problems, solutions and trends.
- May support employee development through supporting, coaching, and mentoring peers in their roles with direction from supervisor.
- Maintains proficiency in programs, products and/or platforms assigned.
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- May identify system and workflow improvements to enhance the Customer Service Agent's efficiency.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Post high school education preferred with minimum of one year of experience in a high volume fast paced customer service environment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient in general computer technical skills; mobile, social and software.
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues in ways that the customer easily understands and can successfully apply the solution.
- Flexes communication style to match the customer need. Diffuses emotional customer situations effectively and recognizes when to de-escalate.
- Summarizes and communicates customer problems effectively to higher tier support when necessary.
- Technical ability to multitask and learn multiple PC applications, including accounting service software.
- Must understand basic internet browsing functions and general computer comprehension.
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Flexible work schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Traits: Customer Focus, Customer Service, Data Entry Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Verbal Communication, Building Relationships, People Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Problem Solving, Multi-tasking.
- This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.