ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Delivers all applicable system training, demonstrating effective communication, presentation, media application, questioning, conflict resolution, and employee management skills.
- Prepares and organizes instructional manuals, learning aids, job aids, and learning evaluations such as quizzes and tests. Reviews training programs for completeness and accuracy, recommending revisions or additions when necessary.
- Administers effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess, measure, and track trainee progress and performance through training curriculum to determine if the individual is ready to perform the needed work.
- Provides feedback to the supervisory staff on the performance of individual employees.
- Handles inbound calls (where allowed) to identify training opportunities and suggest methods for improving employee/team performance. Incorporates skills obtained while providing technical phone support in future customer support agent training course development.
- Listens to inbound calls (where allowed) from employees to assure compliance with company standards. Assures representatives are proactively offering Frontier products on every viable occasion.
- Mentors and assists representatives with problem resolution and troubleshooting to resolve customer issues.
- Works closely with Certification Workforce Management, coaches, and directors and serves as a positive link between operations staff and employees.
- Supervises new hire employees and focuses instruction around agent behaviors that ensure customer satisfaction, contractual metric compliance, and increased revenue for the company.
- Assures preparation of the instructional site, including PC configuration, network connectivity, audio-visual equipment, props and other training supplies.
- Participates in calibration sessions directed by the training group to closely monitor adherence standards.
- Collaborates with Call Center Operations Management in monitoring Representative skill levels, team schedule adherence, attendance, and compliance with Center performance measures and metrics.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
None Yes (See “General Management Duties and Responsibilities” addendum)
No direct supervisory responsibilities, but indirectly supervises 14-20 customer support agents assigned to training programs that varies in duration from three (3) days to five (5) weeks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or technical school required and two to three years’ training experience in call center environment; or any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience required. Experience in classroom training or corporate mentoring, preferably in a call center environment preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to conduct training in various ways- individual, group, simulation, skills practice or computer based training. Able to speak effectively and engage various sized audiences encompassing a variety of skill and experience levels.
- Flexible to meet our changing training needs and able to work overtime and multiple shifts when needed.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong team player willing to work towards achieving a team goal.
- Broad knowledge of training program design and delivery methods.
- Strong decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates with management, support agents, and client representatives using professionally written email, letters and memos.
- Ability to use personal computers and log onto internal networks; Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications; Ability to access Internet resources and use web browser applications
- Some domestic travel may be required.
- This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak to large audiences and listen to both large groups and individuals. The employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms is required. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distant and close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.