The Manager Area Operations Training is responsible for coordinating agent-level training, learning and development for multiple sites, multiple clients in a site, or multiple virtual clients, with more than 350 seats, by performing the following duties and ensuring required standards of training set by the client(s) and North America Learning Services are achieved and maintained. This position includes planning, preparing, and delivering account-specific training to SYKES customer support agents using diverse methods including classroom instruction, one-on-one mentoring, and facilitation of e-learning opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Hire, manage, inspire and develop multiple teams of facilitators, per client, line of business or site, in all aspects of their job from delivering active learning to new and existing employees, managing employee attendance and adherence while in training and ensuring knowledge transfer of client training is fulfilled.
- Delivering high performing new employees to Operational Leaders by leading, coaching and motivating the learning team and new employees to meet/exceed metrics set by the Client.
- Administer effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess trainee performance.
- Partner with Recruiting, HR, WFM and Operational Leaders to schedule and coordinate the training needs of each line of business, site or program.
- Ensure all Facilitators and/or Training Leaders within the team have completed the North America Learning Services Facilitator Seminar and Certification program.
- Conduct training observations of the learner experience and facilitators; delivers constructive feedback to the facilitator and develops coaching plans as needed for improvement.
- Manage and partner with multiple learning and operational teams and clients, onsite or virtually.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate training related meetings with multiple operational leaders, shared services departments and client(s).
- Effectively and frequently communicate training expectations and results to multiple internal and external management teams including virtual team members.
- Analyze multiple training curricula’s and identify performance gaps and needs, and formulate appropriate recommendations for action plans in conjunction with multiple Account Managers, Sr. Account Managers, Site & Program Director and other key personnel.
- Partner with Quality Assurance teams for each client, line of business or site to identify trends and lead continuous improvement efforts associated with training.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of training materials and make appropriate curriculum changes or recommendation of changes to client(s).
- Ensure standard North America Learning Services processes and best practices in classroom facilitation, communication plans, reporting and other onboarding processes are calibrated, measurable and reviewable.
- Establish and maintain the standards for cleanliness, safety and equipment readiness in the classroom (physical or virtual)
- Effectively communicate program changes to team on a daily basis.
- Tracks, reports and manages continuous education requirements across the organization for all clients, lines of business and sites:
- Daily completion reports to internal and external Clients o Daily incompletion reports by name provided to team leaders & account managers o Daily follow-up on completions and non-completions and coordinating rescheduled training dates and times with Workforce Management
- Personally complete and ensure facilitation team completes all required compliance and up-training as prescribed by clients and/or SYKES
- Provide a professional learning and work environment that our new employees can be proud to be a part of.
- Manage employee issues of new employees and/or facilitators including performance improvement plans, corrective action and up to termination of employment.
- Participate in multiple Weekly, Monthly or Quarterly Business Reviews per client/line of business, client visits, and new account and/or new product implementations as needed.
- Attend multiple client and calibration calls to present account metrics and drive improvement, along with providing coaching opportunities as they may arise
- Work proactively with other departments to resolve issues in a timely manner, willing to own issues and mistakes, and escalate as needed in order to see it through to resolution while minimizing the impact on daily operations.
- Ensure client training and OJT contractual compliance requirements are met.
- Depending on Training Leader resources at other responsible sites, manager may be solely responsible for remotely managing and coaching facilitators and employees in training with the assistance of local site leadership.
- Train Human Resources, facilitators and supervisory personnel in effective training techniques to be used in the presentation of new employee orientation, on-the-job training, team meeting training, etc.
- May be responsible for overseeing Nesting/OJT by client/programs/sites.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Yes (See “General Management Duties and Responsibilities” addendum)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree or equivalent from four year college; or two years related experience of training management and one year of call center experience in a training leader, team leader or supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to escalate issues and motivate others for timely resolution with little or no direction
- Excellent communication, presentation and group facilitation skills are required Ø
- Strong instructional design skills
- Strong evaluation and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Certified or able to be certified to train Adult Learning and Active Learning pedagogies – for effective training delivery
- Certified or able to be certified in Active Learning Instructional Design and Development – for effective training development
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel knowledge including vLookup and Pivot Tables
- Ability to analyze situations and predict outcomes based on knowledge and prior experience
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage a virtual team and/or multiple operational and client managers
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to plan according to resource constraints and requirements
- Ability to organize and present technical information in a logical and consistent manner
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Basic understanding of Workforce Management, Scheduling and Staffing Interval requirements
- Flexibility for scheduling during ramp up periods
- Must be willing and able to travel
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com). SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We strive to treat all applicants and employees with respect and dignity. Our diverse workforce provides many benefits, including creativity, variety in approaches to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively in our diverse markets. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.