This position is responsible for managing Training Delivery and Quality Managers, Training or Quality Leaders and/or multiple major market accounts. Position includes coordinating agent-level training, quality and compliance assurance, and learning and development of the team for multiple sites, multiple clients in a site, or multiple virtual clients by performing the following duties and ensuring required standards of training and quality, set by the client(s) and North America Learning Services, are achieved and maintained.
This position must maintain total quality management of the team and employees supporting our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Carries out company policies and enforces adherence to these policies.
- Provide a professional learning and work environment that our new employees can be proud to be a part of.
- Hire, manage, inspire and develop multiple teams of training and quality leaders, managers and facilitators, and quality analysts per client, line of business or site. Ensure all aspects of their job from delivering active learning to new and existing employees, managing employee attendance and adherence while in training and ensuring knowledge transfer of client training is fulfilled, and continuous development and education post training.
- Delivering high performing new employees to Operational Leaders by leading, coaching and motivating the learning team and new employees to meet/exceed metrics set by the Client and continuous education and development of employees through the SYKES quality program.
- Administer effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess trainee and employee performance.
- Partner with Recruiting, HR, WFM and Operational Leaders to schedule and coordinate the training needs of each line of business, site or program.
- Analyzes the training curriculum and delivery, identifies needs, and formulates appropriate recommendations of action plans. Controls all elements of areas of responsibility by developing or implementing standardized, site-wide training and total quality management policies/procedures, monitoring performance, developing/reviewing metrics, assessing/prioritizing gaps, and reporting results to senior and executive management, client, and other key personnel.
- Provides leadership to streamline, integrate, and improve the training and quality monitoring process.
- Performs as a liaison with the client and management to drive all aspects of quality and training within the site.
- Participates in Quarterly Business Reviews, client visits, and new account and/or new product implementations.
- Ensure client training, OJT, and quality contractual compliance requirements are met.
- Responsible for the hiring and selection process for all leadership positions within Training and Quality departments and assists with hiring the trainers and quality analysts.
- Provides on-going training and development for the team providing training and quality services.
- Tracks, reports and manages continuous education requirements across the organization for all clients, lines of business and sites:
- Daily completion reports to internal and external Clients
- Daily incompletion reports by name provided to team leaders & account managers
- Daily follow-up on completions and non-completions and coordinating rescheduled training dates and times with Workforce Management
- Personally complete and ensure facilitation team completes all required compliance and up-training as prescribed by clients and/or SYKES
- Manage employee issues of new employees and/or facilitators including performance improvement plans, corrective action and up to termination of employment.
- Establish and maintain the standards for cleanliness, safety and equipment readiness in the classroom (physical or virtual)
- Organizes and develops training and quality manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains a formalized review process for compliance, including a review (audit) process ensuring compliance with client’s standards and policies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and relevance of quality and training materials and makes appropriate curriculum/design changes.
- In partnership with appropriate personnel, develops and implements standardized, organization-wide guidelines and documentation requirements, develops and implements training and educational programs that address gaps identified by the quality analysis process, and communicates to key personnel to assure mutual understanding of, and agreement with, training plans, initiatives, and schedules.
- Attends client calls and calibration calls to present account metrics and drive improvement, along with providing coaching opportunities as they may arise in the area of quality management to other senior and executive level management and client.
- Provides training opportunities to supervisory and other key personnel in effective techniques of facilitation, coaching and supervision, to be used in the presentation of new employee orientation, on-the-job training, etc.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Yes (See “General Management Duties and Responsibilities” addendum)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four year college required; or five years related experience of training/quality management in a call center; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to escalate issues and motivate others for timely resolution with little or no direction
- Excellent communication, presentation and group facilitation skills are required
- Strong instructional design skills
- Strong evaluation and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Certified or able to be certified to train Adult Learning and Active Learning pedagogies – for effective training delivery
- Certified or able to be certified in Active Learning Instructional Design and Development – for effective training development
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel knowledge including vLookup and Pivot Tables
- Ability to analyze situations and predict outcomes based on knowledge and prior experience
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage a virtual team and/or multiple operational and client managers
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to plan according to resource constraints and requirements
- Ability to organize and present technical information in a logical and consistent manner
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Basic understanding of Workforce Management, Scheduling and Staffing Interval requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Flexibility for scheduling during ramp up periods
- Must be willing and able to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak to large audiences and listen to both large groups and individuals. The employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day and frequently is required to sit for hours at a time during meetings and conference calls. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms is required. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distant and close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.