This position has dual responsibilities as a Trainer and a Customer Service Agent role. This role supports business needs requiring high flexibility to manage phones and support operations. Once training responsibilities are completed, the Flex Trainer Agent will be required to return to the duties and responsibilities of an agent. On a monthly basis a minimum of 20% of time will be in the capacity of a Customer Service Agent; time spent in each function will be determined on a regular basis. Trainer responsibilities includes planning, preparing, and delivering account-specific skills training to SYKES customer support agents using diverse methods including classroom instruction, one-on-one mentoring, and facilitation of e-Learning opportunities. Customer Service Agent responsibilities includes providing customers and end users with customer, product and/or technical support. This is a Work At Home position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Trainer Responsibilities:
- Deliver and facilitate classroom instruction ensuring new and existing employees can perform required job duties.
- Demonstrates effective communication, presentation, media applications, questioning, conflict resolution, and employee management skills.
- Lead, inspire and provide positive and constructive coaching and feedback to learners.
- Ability to prioritize workload, complete reporting/administrative tasks during learner's self-paced exercises and meet deadlines.
- Focuses instruction around agent behaviors that ensure customer satisfaction, contractual metric compliance, and increased revenue for the company.
- Analyze course materials and trainee information, preparing for training delivery.
- Administer effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess trainee performance.
- In collaboration with account and center management, conduct needs analysis using methods such as agent testing, remote quality monitoring, and performance tracking.
- Become a subject matter expert and may assist with development of training materials
- Provide training reports, including account training needs, classroom progress, individual agent progress, and other performance tracking as requested by management.
- Become a subject matter expert and may assist with development of training materials
- Successfully complete (pass) all Monthly Initiatives and other Training Programs and certifications as required by the Client or SYKES Learning Services or Compliance Teams
- Customer Agent Responsibilities:
- Receives transactions from users regarding customer service or technical support related needs based upon the scope of support provided by contract to Sykes' clients.
- Determines appropriate action to be taken on customer's behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps. Informs customer of those appropriate next steps and works with customer to achieve issue resolution.
- Maintains proficiency in programs, products and/or platforms assigned.
- Maintains pertinent paperwork and records through data entry.
- Communicates with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Communicates with team manager, team members and other teams regarding problems, solutions and trends.
- Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance targets, which include customer service, productivity and quality standards.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
None Yes (See "General Management Duties and Responsibilities" addendum)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, or current student status required. Post high school education preferred. Minimum of four months with SYKES or SYKES Home/Virtual Region with top agent performance required. Working knowledge of supported operating systems, software, and hardware preferred. Understanding of troubleshooting processes, technology and tools preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 90% schedule adherence on current program is required
- Must meet/exceed current program metric performance and attendance standards for the previous 6 months and not be on any type of performance management planning but not limited to AHT, DPC, CSAT, Transfers)
- 12 month commitment as a Flex Trainer Agent before applying for another position
- Subject matter expert and top performing Agent on program where training and support will occur
- Must meet Flex Facilitator Certification
- Ability to be very flexible to train as needed and to work as Agent when not training
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of curriculum and ability to facilitate curriculum using Learner Led methodologies during certification, train-the-trainer sessions and classroom assignments
- Strong leadership skills and be able to escalate issues and motivate others for timely resolution with little or no direction
- Ability to use personal computers and log onto internal networks; Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications; Ability to access Internet resources and use web browser applications
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com). SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We strive to treat all applicants and employees with respect and dignity. Our diverse workforce provides many benefits, including creativity, variety in approaches to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively in our diverse markets. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.