This position plans, coordinates, and directs training and staff development programs for one or more sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Analyze the training curriculum and delivery, identify needs, and formulate appropriate recommendations of action plans in conjunction with the Account Directors, Sr. Account Managers, Site Director and other key personnel.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of training materials and make appropriate curriculum changes.
- Select appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Assist management teams in identifying and analyzing trends. Drive initiatives to identify corrective action plans to resolve performance issues.
- Partner with Quality Assurance team to identify trends and lead continuous improvement efforts associated with training.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Work closely with key personnel to assure timely retrieval and tracking of data. Be aware of the site’s current status, performance measures, objectives, and performance trends and be able to report concisely, precisely, and professionally at a moment’s notice.
- Communicate frequently with Account Directors, Account Managers, Senior Account Managers, Site Directors and other key personnel to assure mutual understanding of, and agreement with, training plans, initiatives and schedules.
- Provide direct or indirect communication to the clients represented in the site.
- Participate as requested in Quarterly Business Reviews, client visits, new account and/or new product implementations.
- Measure and monitor training effectiveness, analyze results and respond as necessary.
- Assist in the hiring and selection process for Trainers, and provide on-going training and development for Trainers.
- Monitor and manage adherence to new hire “transition process” requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate the training needs of the site.
- Establish and maintain the standards for cleanliness, safety and equipment readiness in the classroom.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate training related meetings. Effectively and frequently communicate training expectations to the management team.
- Train Human Resources and supervisory personnel in effective techniques for training, to be used in the presentation of new employees’ orientation, on-the-job training, etc.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and group facilitation skills are required
- Strong instructional design skills
- Strong evaluation and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Certified or able to be certified to train Adult Learning and Training Delivery (ALTD) – for effective training delivery
- Certified or able to be certified in Training Program Development Methodology (TPDM) – for effective training development
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com). SYKES is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.